Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Why Buenos Aires?

Well well well, on the move again...but why Buenos Aires? Well Daniela's got a posting at the Italian Consular office in a suburb of B.A. (that's what those in the know call Buenos Aires) called MorĂ²n and therefore we're off! She starts work in December so we'll be there from November in order to organise an apartment and a nanny for Sophia.

Before we leave we've got lots of things to organise, including learning Spanish! I've just started and I'm reading a basic level book 'El Zorro' about the famous swordsman from Spanish Califorina. I'll find a teacher to give me some lessons in the autumn before we leave for South America.

What am I going to do in BA? Well, I'm sure that I'm going to continue teaching English at least part of the time. During the first year I'm planning to have a couple of Spanish lessons each week and work on this blog-it'll give me a good motivation to explore the city, take photographs and write articles. I've always fancied being a travel writer!

3 comments:

Rick Rogers said...

Good luck, BA's great

Endeavor said...

I'm subscribing to your blog Rick! It'll be interesting to see the 'reality show' of someone I know! - Marc

Rick Rogers said...

Thanks Marc, great to know that you're following the blog and please let me know your comments about my postings...you're a well-read man and I respect your views!